Dear friends,
I am earnestly asking for your prayers for our family. Inspiration is lacking for eloquent words and there's really no great way to share this. So, I'll keep it short and sweet. Thursday we received news that Donald's company was "restructuring" and as a result, he was laid off. Friday I received news that the bookstore where I work part time is closing, effective August 13th. In a matter of 48 hours, we have become one of the unemployed families the news reports on so much. We have some pretty major plans and decisions to make & a pretty short time frame to make them. The only way I can imagine surviving the next few weeks with any sort of sanity left is to ask my friends to lift our family up to the only One who can make sense of this mess now called our life: our Jesus.
6 comments:
Praying for you guys right Now, as I type.Somthing wonderful is coming your way , this is just a bump in the road. :) Hang in there friend
What a week Kendra! I know the feeling of the unknown and not have the stability of a job to rely on but I do believe everything happens for a reason and this too shall pass. When Kevin was laid off from AIG I kept going back to this verse, "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain" Hebrews 13:8. I will share the same advice I gave Kevin, let everyone know you are looking for a job, facebook, Linkin, friends, and family. The more that people know the more likely the doors will open quicker. We will pray for you all as you search for a new job and new beginnings.
Hang in there...things are tough right now. This bump is not fun. I know! E just had a paycut and we have had some major unexpected expenses as well. Praying for you and miss you all so very much! I'm so sorry Kendra. God's got a plan for you all! :)
Kendra,
I am so sorry for you and Donald.I just read your post. I will pray for wisdom and peace for your decision making in the coming days and weeks. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Dana
I am praying for you! I know this is scary, but I also know your faith is strong. Please know that you can call Jan and me if we can help in any way.
Kendra,
I know I never leave comments but I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and Donald. Hang in there and keep your head up! (BTW-I miss seeing you in Freckled Frog)
Post a Comment