We are counting down our last week in Florida and living among boxes again. The kids are beyond excited to be going back to Tennessee. (Since we moved Coco contrasts a lot between Florida and Tennessee; it's much easier than saying Covington & Lakewood Ranch so we let her go with it.) Donald and I are both dealing with everything as best we can. It's an emotional roller coaster and some days are better than others. There are blessings all around and I would be remiss to start having a pity party. One blessing is that my parents are living in a house big enough to accomodate 4 extra people and a dog. The plan is to move in with them until Donald finds a job. We don't know where he'll find one and honestly, we don't care. As usual a church song fills my heart and mind when I get anxious about it all: Wherever He Leads I'll Go. Covington, Memphis, Nashville, Timbuktu...we don't care. Okay, here's where I'm going to reveal the crazy in me. There is a teensy, wheensy part of me that thinks its kinda cool I have no idea where we will be living in 3 months. Donald attributes this to the "gypsy in my blood." I attribute this strange anticipation of the unknown to my faith. Claiming our family scripture, Romans 8:28, how can I feel anything but excitement? If I allowed myself to really focus on the reality of our situation, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get out of bed. There is a man in our Community Group here that has unwittingly ministered to me time and time again. He's about 80 years old and a former pastor so he's got wisdom oozing out. He said one day that he believed it was impossible for a Christian to be depressed. I wasn't sure I agreed with him until now. By earthly measure, we have nothing. By heavenly measure, we have everything.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Here We Go Again....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you have had anything but a pitty party attitude. I love that you have that feeling of "it's kinda cool" in the back of your mind. I think it shows your Strength, your Faith and your Family ties. That's all you really need during hard times anyway right? :) (I still think the Donald should look into stand up comedy)
Post a Comment