Friday, March 4, 2011

Awesome Baby!


We got to meet one of Donald's sports idols tonight, Dick Vitale, A.K.A Dicky V! I can honestly say I don't think I have seen my husband actually get excited like this in a long time, maybe ever? Anyone who really knows Donald knows he doesn't excite easily. I can remember planning our wedding and asking him over & over to please, PLEASE just show a little excitement. While the bridal to-do list didn't do it for him, meeting Dicky V did. Heck, I won't deny it, even I was excited. As it turns out we are likely to run in to him quite a bit; he lives very near us. We are in the "common folk" part of the neighborhood and I'm guessing he's in the gated, "not-so-common folk" part. Dicky V wrote a children's ABC's and 123's book & the Main St. children's bookstore hosted a book signing. We have been looking forward to it all week. So much so, we were the first in line! Mr. Vitale signed Sebastian's book on the letter 'S' page: "Sebastian, Awesome baby!" Knowing that Dick Vitale has a special passion for children with cancer, we brought along a "Pray for Lucy" picture to give him. After he signed the book, Donald told him about Lucy's diagnosis and handed him the picture. We also wrote the blog address on there so he too can join Team Lucy & follow her journey back to health. What a great night! I can't think of a better way to end this post than this (you guessed it...) AWESOME BABY!




DP chatting it up with Dicky V!

Team Lucy's newest member

3 comments:

Christi said...

That is so cool! Ryan has a good friend in baton rouge who's added Lucy to all their prayer groups and they are spreading it around Louisiana. I am so amazed at the outpouring and readiness of people to pray for a little girl (that we know is wonderful) but they don't even know. Awesome!

Kate said...

i think that is the coolest picture ever! However, I think the smile on DP's face was priceless.

Emily said...

Look at Donald! He looks like a big kid with a smile from ear to ear! That's awesome!