We were so excited to welcome our first visitors from home! Sara, one of my very best & dearest friends, flew down with her kiddos on Valentine's Day. It was such a blessing to see a familiar face! You can imagine with 4 small children, no day was ever boring but we had such a great time. While surviving a bout with the stomach virus & a pretty intense seagull attack, we managed to visit 3 parks in 4 days, enjoy a beautiful afternoon at Lido Beach and even got to see a baby gator! I am so incredibly thankful Sara's husband is a pilot; I am hoping this is just the first of many, many visits just like this one.
Let me tell you about our seagull "attack." We had a great picnic lunch packed & spread out our blanket to enjoy the perfect day. We passed everyone's food out and within about 1 minute there were literally 30 seagulls swarming us. One even took the top of Sara's sandwich! Sebastian was curled in Sara's lap, Faith was hunkered down head first on the blanket, Coco was in my lap & Sam Harris was standing up looking terriffed. "Sara The Brave" stood up and starting shooing the birds away...to no avail. They were NOT afraid of her. I started snatching sandwiches & chips and stuffing them back in the lunch boxes. Finally, after the food was gone, the birds left us. Wow! All of the kids were screaming at this point and people were staring. Honestly, it was kind of funny and I couldn't quit laughing. Everyone managed to move past their trauma and enjoy the afternoon...but poor Coco. She was scared to death and spent the remaining hour underneath a beach towel, screaming.
Coco 4, Sebastian 22 mo., Sam Harris & Faith, 3
4 comments:
Kendra,
Your mom told me about your seagull attack the other day, but I must be honest with you, I didn't laugh about it until I read this post. I had a huge mental picture in my mind, while reading this paragraph. I can just see you all now!
Thanks for the sweet comment, I am feeling better other than my back still hurts if I bend a certain way. I've stayed pretty much knocked out for two days. Lortab, makes me nauseaous and the phenergan that I had to take with it knocks me out! Thank goodness for mom and momma-in-law! Miss you tons and can't wait to see you guys! :)
Loved the blog post!! Yes, we had a GREAT time!! I'm ready for some more Crispers! Love you, SA-SA!
I think that was my first real laugh in nearly a week...thanks!
So glad you had some visitors! It always makes you feel a little better to see a familiar face! Sounds like you all had some great laughs...
Post a Comment