Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rough Day

While my personal philosophy in life is to always remain positive and try to look at the bright side of things, I am having trouble doing that today. It's just a rough day and all I want to do is go home. I want to be there for my friend who has a very sick little girl. I want to be there for my family when trials keep coming their way. I want Coco to be back in her preschool class she misses so much. I want to run into just ONE person who looks familiar. I want to have a conversation with someone who isn't "new." I somehow had convinced myself that if I didn't admit it, I wouldn't be homesick. Denial never works, does it? Tomorrow is a new day and I am faithful that God will sustain me.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Endure hardships as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12: 7 - 11

6 comments:

Kate said...

Dear Kendra, I want to remind you of something you told me before you left. Do you remember telling me that you and Donald both felt peace about leaving? You knew it would be hard, but surely God has called you there for a purpose. Just as I am looking for the rhyme and reason in our life right now, I pray that God will reveal his plan for you as well. I love you and miss you horribly!!

Laura Dawson said...

Girl, you better not say it twice or I'll drive down there and get you!!!

Seriously, Kate is right...you are where you are supposed to be..for today, for right now, don't worry past that. You can handle it...you and Kasey...seriously can you see me or Amanda moving away? You were made for adventure and you are faithful to God and his calling...a faithful wife to a good husband (i love ya donald)...you can do this. I knew if from the moment you told me..you will be fine. Those unfamiliar faces will soon be familiar. You are too good of a friend for those fools down there not to snatch you up and claim you for theirs. Sorry it has been a rough day..see you in 2 weeks...i love you and i miss you too.

Elizabeth said...

I understand what you are saying, I have not lived in Covington in years however, I have a yearning to go back and help out in some small way. I can only imagine what you are feeling. The feeling of loneliness does get better as you meet people and make new friendships. I want to say this happens quickly but it does take time. I know you long to get home as quickly as you can to what is familiar, your friends and family especially during this time. I hope you have a better day tomorrow and better upcoming days....I promise it does get easier. Good luck, I will be thinking of you!

Amy said...

Ditto on everyone else's comments, but honestly, if you could see me now, I'm sitting here with my big ole' bottom lip poked out! I want you to come home, but you know what...
Listen to God! I know that sometimes he's hard to hear, but I can promise you this...he's there! :) Miss you TONS!...and yes, I wish you were still standing beside me every Sunday morning in that choir loft.

3 "A's" and a "B" said...

Kendra,
I know that feeling all to well...the one in which you look around Walmart to see if you know anyone...Talking with complete strangers, just to have a personal face to face conversation with someone other than your husband or kids...I promise it gets better. God has a plan for you and your family. I can't imagine living anywhere else now that I am here, but at the time it didn't seem so.I miss you too!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Some things are just hard....Love your heart and your blog...