Today is our first "baby's" birthday and he deserves his own post! Jack is 11 today. He is the world's best dog and despite my frequent complaining, I love him dearly. I joke that he came with the husband but truth be told I wouldn't trade him for anything. When he brings me the stinky stuffed duck or harasses our children for food, I might like him a little less than when he barks to let me know someone is outside or wags his whole body when we come in the door. He has aged quite a bit in the past few years. His sweet face is a LOT whiter than it was and his arthritis gets so bad at night. I unwittingly bonded with him when we made our 1,000 mile move to Florida. I worried about him so much on that 2-day trip. Would he be cold? Would he be okay sleeping in the van? Would he ever wake up from those sedatives?!? (Jack is a horrible car rider so we had to knock him out to make the journey.)
We found out last week that Jack has a tumor in his foot. I'm prayerful (yes, praying for my dog) that the vet can easily remove the cancer and he will be okay. Our family has had so many changes and adjustments lately I'm not ready to say good-bye to our buddy. Coco doesn't have much time for him but Sebastian loves him so much. Sometimes I wish Jack were younger because I know those 2 would have a lot of fun playing together.
Okay, I better turn this around because it's supposed to be a celebration post not a depressing one. So, cheers to Jack and Happy 11th Birthday! We love you so much!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to Jack! Those 4 legged kids are important, too!
And I noticed that you have my blot button. :o) I have "blogroll" on my list of to-dos for my blog. I have got to get on the ball....
When you get a chance, will you go and grab the new button code? I had the button tweaked but forgot to change the code!
Take care~
Lisa
Heh Heh. Blot button. That should be blog button, of course. Sheesh....
Post a Comment