
Our first celebration since moving away, this birthday was a quiet one but really good. There was no huge party or the stress that comes along with it. We have been blessed to meet some very good people who I am proud to call friends. Steve & Amanda
Crump had us and another couple over for dinner last Saturday. I told her I would bring dessert and that it would likely be cake so Sebastian could at least have the treat of the birthday song and blowing out his candles for an audience. Amanda had her dining area decked out for a party: hats, balloons, streamers, even presents! What a sweet surprise knowing Sebastian would, after all, have a proper birthday party. As he's growing up, more and more of his little personality comes to light. A trait that I can't say I'm super excited to see revealed itself during the birthday song. I think he's going to be a shy guy! Mid-way through, he tucked his head towards Donald and stuck his bottom lip out ready to cry. But just like a big boy would do, he sucked it up, and managed to remain tear free and blow his candles out like champ. (Don't misunderstand me, I don't think there's anything wrong with being shy; it just seems that shyness is a battle people have to fight for a lifetime and it can get in the way of enjoying new opportunities.)

On the day of his birthday, the kids & I went to our weekly storytime at the library. Afterwards, we usually go to the pond/lake in front of the building and feed the fish & turtles. Today, we were greeted by a 4 foot baby gator who swam up to graze on the crumbs along side the fish & turtles. Of course, I didn't have my camera to get a picture. The library was followed by a picnic lunch at the park and a pit stop to Publix for birthday balloons.
Grammy & Namps sent him the coolest gift ever: a life size ELMO! I think Coco loves it as much if not more than Sebastian, but they all tucked themselves in bed for the night. Sebastian also got a fantastic box full of goodies from Memaw, Tricia, Hillary and Uncle Drew. I wasn't home when he opened it so there are no pictures that captured the excitement. Donald said he was squealing with excitement at all the candy, books and toys he found inside!
3 comments:
Time is going by way to fast. So gald he had a special day with new friends.
Happy Birthday Sebastian! Yes, it is hard to believe he is 2 already! Time flys! Glad to hear you all are meeting people!
Looks like some good celebration...hate to tell you he's not looking like a baby anymore..and don't worry about toughening him up..his daddy will take care of that eventually!!
Post a Comment