Thursday, April 14, 2011

God is so Good

In case any of us ever doubted, God is so GOOD! He is good in the big things and He is good in the small things. This morning, He showed himself to me in a mighty way! Sebastian's birthday is coming up and we wanted to take him to Busch Gardens to celebrate. They have a Sesame Street section that is perfect for little children: full of rides and entertainment designed just for preschoolers and toddlers. Well, our plans were thwarted when we found out I need 4 new tires and Jack needs a $900 surgery. I was crushed. A man in our community group gave the best description between a need and a want I have ever heard. Not having "needs" will cause you to suffer. Not having "wants" will not cause you to suffer. I knew in my heart that while I was so disappointed, going to Busch Gardens was definitely not a need. Other than my pride, nothing was going to suffer without it. God promises to provide needs not greeds, right? Well, Tuesday night we decided to go to Chik Fil A's Family night. Kids meals are free with the purchase of a Value Meal so we all ate for $12! Not to mention, the kids got complimentary ice cream and face paint too. I knew they were doing a raffle for 4 passes to Busch Gardens and honestly, that was the main reason I wanted to go. I RARELY win things but knew we wouldn't win if I didn't register. There's an old Persian proverb I love that says "Trust in God but pack your camel tight." So, I packed my camel tight, registered despite my history of not winning and have not thought another thing about those tickets.


UNTIL...


A lady from Chik Fil A called this morning to say that I had won the 4 passes! When she said the words, tears fill my eyes and I shared with her what an answer to prayer this is. She said that Chik Fil A strives to serve the Lord and that almost every winner always has a similar story to share. How amazing?



I am still speechless and all I can say is GOD IS SO GOOD!!!


Sebastian sitting oh-so-still for his first facepaint: Mickey Mouse.




Coco wanted a sparkly Easter egg; the painter added the scrollwork and flower which Coco loved!

7 comments:

Pat said...

NOW YOU MADE ME CRY! PRECIOUS TESTIMONY OF GOD'S LOVE AND PROVISION! THANKS FOR SHARING!

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

what a wonderful story!!!!! so happy that you guys get to go!

Unknown said...

amazing...chick-fil-a (the best fast food out there) for 4 for $12 and then winning the tickets...that is my kind of enjoyment!! Congrats!

nicole said...

Amazing! I am so glad you won those tickets. Send some of that good luck this way...I never win any drawings or contests! :-)

Unknown said...

How wonderful!!

Elizabeth said...

Isn't that funny how life just works out! Hope you all have a blast...take lots of pictures!

Unknown said...

Love it when God shows off! :o)

I hope you all have the best time ever~
Lisa