Today, December 30, 2010, is officially the last day we own a "house in the country." And to be honest, I'm relieved. We tried; albeit it was for less than a year but we tried. We are absolutely certain that country-livin' isn't for us. It's a square peg, round hole issue. The critters, the power outages, the ridiculous garbage pick up fees...
Using a power of attorney for Donald, I signed our home away to wonderful new owners. Gary & Julie are going to finish what we started on our project house and probably make it 100x better!
This whole relocation to Florida has happened so quickly. All things have fallen into place so perfectly. It's almost been an out-of-body experience in the sense that I'm not sure I'm really absorbing what all is going on. I'm going through the motions but can't digest it all just yet. I don't know much but I do know that this decision, bathed in much prayer, seems to be confirmed over and over by our gracious God. When my doubts pile up, He gives me yet another reminder that this is indeed His will for our lives.
I have much, much more to blog about this experience and will save that for a time when my thoughts are a bit more collected. At any rate, right now we are mortgage free and lovin' the freedom that comes along with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment