Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Pumpkin and a proud Momma


We gave Coco a book for her 2nd birthday entitled "Different Like Coco." It's a pint-sized version of the biography of Coco Chanel. The book is adorable and I love the moral of the story: always dare to be different. This has been our prayer for Coco ever since. We recognize that she oftentimes does not go with the flow and follow the crowd; this, to us, is a wonderful trait. It is admittedly a difficult personality to guide & instruct but we embrace it all the same. I was reminded of all of this when I went to her Thanksgiving party at school. Each student got to take the pumpkin home he/she had chosen at the Pumpkin Patch back in October. I went to get Coco's from the room and saw a row of beautiful pumpkins! Some really big, some really small, all of them orange...except for one. There was one white pumpkin in the bunch. I asked Miss Joy which was Coco's and she knew exactly what one: the white one. Miss Joy said Coco hunted and searched all over the patch for the perect one. My insides fluttered and I was instantly such a proud momma over this silly little pumpkin!


No comments: