Sunday, July 26, 2009

What Not To Wear?

So I have a really fickle confession to make. One of the toughest adjustments I've found with being a "domestic diva" is what to wear each day. Maybe more importantly, what not to wear. An admitted shopping addict, I'm not into high fashion, I just like clothes. Clothes from Gap, from Macy's, even from Target - the brand is irrelevant. The only criterion is fit, form and "feel good" factor. The problem with not getting dressed to leave the house is that I am falling victim to elastic! There is extreme danger with elastic: you never really feel full and you never really feel put together. I'm not into having to iron clothes every day but I have given myself a new challenge. I will put on pants that actually button every day. I will (try to) reserve yoga pants and exercise shorts for just that: yoga & exercise.

I came across an article that practically took words out of my mouth:
http://www.svmoms.com/2006/09/dressing_for_su.html

If you have a minute, click on the link and read it. If you are a stay-at-home mom, maybe it will inspire you too. If you're not, maybe you will actually enjoy getting dressed for work.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Guilty as charged. If I'm not leaving the house, I love my pjs and yoga pants.

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

you're so funny! i'm one of these moms that have grown to love my "comfy pants"! i just can't resist them:)

Kate said...

My new summer secret...Sundresses. Super comfy, but still presentable. Pair them with some cute jewelry and you're good to go.

Danielle said...

you remind me so much of myself when it comes to this! i have looked online so many times for this same type thing. this article puts it into a new perspective though. thanks for sharing! now, if only the clothes fairy would come to my house each morning and lay out just the thing for me to wear each day, then i'd be good to go:)