Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oooops! It's a boy!


Well it looks as if our sweet Phoebe is actually a 'he.' We went to the doctor for our "official" ultrasound today and got a surprise we weren't expecting. The ultrasound tech asked us if we wanted to find out what the sex of our baby is and (playing dumb) we said, "Absolutely!" So, she scans and looks all around at our precious baby and then asks if we have names picked out. When we told her we had a girl name chosen, she laughingly said, "You may want to choose a boy name." After a little interrogation and anatomy lesson, she assures us that she is 100% positive this is a boy. We are still getting used to the idea of a little man but are super excited. So, I guess it's back to the drawing board with a name...ever heard of a boy named Phoebe?

8 comments:

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

oh my! well, at least you found out before he arrived:) he might have had issues growing up in a pink room and named phoebe! ha! well, i can tell you my brother and i are less than 2 years apart and we're really close. he was my "maid of honor" in our wedding:) i think we got along better as kids than we would have being 2 girls. coco will have the best of both worlds...her girly toys and a tough little bro to play with too! congratulations!

Emily Peyton Cook said...

My dream was right! I am so glad Jonah will have a friend now. LOL!

Allison said...

From the words of Maggie, "Oh my goodness". Congrats on the baby boy! From what I hear, boys and their mamas have a very special bond!

Elizabeth said...

A Boy!!! Congrats! I remember the first time I had my ultrasound with Holden, I was a little in shock-what do I do with a little boy...but they are a lot of fun, just active, put on your running shoes! But one thing is true, little boys love their Mommy. Congratulations again!

Meg said...

Boy oh boy!! Robert and I are so excited that Bennett will have a boy to play with in C-town! I have some tips for not getting sprayed in the face :) I can't wait to give you and your belly a big hug in a couple of weeks!
Meg

~lillie~ said...

I am so glad that you and Donald are going to experience a boy. Little boys love there mommy's like no one else can. The one thing i can tell you is to always make sure everything is pointed down when you change his diaper; this is something I had to learn the hard way. congratulations...what's his name?

Emily said...

Just now catching up on eveyone's blog. CONGRATULATIONS! We said that everyone could not be having a girl and that someone had to be having a boy. Kirk and I were laughing so hard when I read this! I know Donald is glowing.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you all! I love your christmas card. The picture is adorable!