Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Griswold moments






Okay, so I have to admit I'm a total cheeseball when it comes to Christmas and I look for every opportunity for what we call a "Griswold" moment. We got one last Saturday when the whole family (including Grammy, Namps, Aunt Jaime, Uncle Cory and even his "friend girl" Shelby) went to Lowe's to get our Christmas trees. This is our modern-day version of trampling in the woods to cut the biggest tree. While we don't physically cut it, Donald and I do our best to get our hands on the biggest one on the lot! The pic of Coco and I gazing at the star is another "Griswold" moment that dates back to my childhood. Every year when Dad put the star on the tree, all of us kids proudly raised our hands toward it in awe. It's funny to see the facial expressions evolve in the photos over the years....happy as child, mortified as a preteen and happy again once you realize it's really not that bad. It's a cheesey tradition Donald and I plan to continue in our own family. After all, aren't the "Griswold" moments what you think about to get that warm and fuzzy Christmas cheer?




1 comment:

Christi said...

We're FINALLY going to get ours today! I'm so excited -- like a kid myself. With E being sick, we didn't go. Now, I'm worried there won't be any "good" (aka the biggest and best) ones left! Argh!