This was the first Halloween we really got to experience the full reality of the season as parents. Candy! Candy! Candy! Our precious 22 month old has culitvated quite a sweet tooth and an eagle eye...she can spot the shiny wrappers across the room! I think the first picture is what Coco's idea of heaven is, an endless (and unattended) bowl of the sweet stuff. Candy addiction aside, we had LOTS of fun this Halloween: a Kindermusik costume party complete with heavily iced chocolate cupcakes brought by an unwitting grandmother, Fall FunFest at church where I am now convinced BlowPops can reproduce and last, but my personal favorite, handing out candy on Halloween night at Grammy and Namps's house. Coco had trouble understanding why we kept telling her "no" to the candy but gave it to perfect strangers by the handful. It's a tough life for a toddler. After some minor repair, she got to wear the clown costume my mother made for me as a child to our last 2 events. I am extremely sentimental about things and it thrilled my soul for her to wear it. My guess is she will be counting down the days until next Halloween so she can fill her "purse" with goodies. That is, until she figures out what Christmas is all about.
4 comments:
I will have a hard time forgetting what Coco looked liked stuffing her mouth with chocolate and continually reaching for more at your mom's house. It was so funny!
I am so glad the kids love Halloween and all the candy that goes along with it.....however, it is like torture for me, to have to be constatntly saying " no more" or "just one piece"! She was one cute clown!!
Too cute! She is precious! I too have a LOVE for sweets!
If it makes you feel any better, I woke up one morning to find my little precious ones with a bag of Halloween M&M's in the floor, just going to town! Who can blame them? Chocolate is my favorite, too!
Post a Comment