We "first-time Moms" often have to learn things the hard way and our poor first children are the guinea pigs. I wasn't sure Coco was really old enough to appreciate a $30 hand-selected, personally stuffed and stitched teddy bear, but I was naive enough to risk it. We went to Build-A-Bear with my sister and her children Saturday...what an adventure. Just when I think my little angel is a "big girl," she reminds me that she really is still just a baby (in the grand scheme). If the limp bears weren't enough to freak her out, the stuffing machine and strange little guy sewing it up sent her over the edge. As you can see from a couple of the pics, there were some smiles among the tears, even though they had nothing to do with the bear I made. We did survive the journey and came home with a precious princess teddy bear to forever commemorate the day. I think I will always look at that bear and be reminded to cherish whatever stage of life she is in and, however hard it may be, never push her to be bigger than she really is.
4 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, our first Build-a-Bear experience also involved a few tears, a few whines, and ended with one expensive dinosaur in a U of M shirt that no one will touch b/c of the scary roar! It just sits sadly on the shelf. But, now that cardboard house/box it came in. He loved that! Crazy, I know.
She's still the cutest "cryer" on the planet! I can't help but love it! hehe
Build a Bear.... A little over rated, huh Coco...
Welcome along Parr family
Hey Kendra! I good to hear from you. Coco has gotten so big! I love the curls! She is sooo cute. I saw on Kate's blog that you are expecting-congratulations. Hope you all are doing well. I've called Jaime but I keep missing her. Please tell her I said hello. Hope to see you all soon.
Post a Comment