Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Forever Friend

Two years and one month separates us in birth:

August 24 1977, September 24,1979

Nearly 180 degrees separates us in personality:

"Type Z", Type A


NOTHING will ever separate us from each other



I feel like I just put half my heart on the plane back to Tennessee. That other half is called my sister, Jaime. She inspires me in so many ways. She loves unconditionally, she accepts everyone for who they are and she has the biggest heart of anyone I know. Having her here for 3 weeks was so wonderful! It almost made Florida start to feel like home. One trip to the airport and I am snapped back to reality. She's headed home and quite frankly, I'm pretty jealous. When I got back in the van from the airport I noticed a card she left me. Since I have no words that could say it any better, I'll just let the card do it for me. This post is dedicated to you Jaime: my big sister, my family, my forever friend. I love you bunches!




What Is a Sister?


A sister is someone more special than words.


She is love mixed with friendship and a million favorite memories that will always last.


A sister is a hand within your hand enfolded with love and understanding.


She gives you a feeling that makes you wonder what you would ever do without her,


and no one is loved so dearly.



-Carey Martin

6 comments:

Amy said...

And now....I'm crying. lol!

nicole said...

I'm crying, too...I don't have a sister, and I have always wondered what it would have been like to have one. I was always an "outsider looking in" as I watched my friends with their own sisters. What a special type of forever friend to have!

Emily said...

Ok I am crying too! I wish I had a sister or a brother... It really doesn't matter to me!

Laura Dawson said...

I love the Type A and Type Z personality reference...perfect...but somehow, you 2 just know that about each other and it works! So glad you had a great long visit. See you soon, Laura

Elizabeth said...

So sweet Kendra! Yes, Jaime loves everyone one for who they are which make her a great friend and I can only imagine a great sister! I am so glad you all had a long visit together. I am sure you already have a countdown calendar for the next visit.

Sara said...

I know you two had a great time. I'm so glad she was able to bring home to you for a few weeks! I know you miss it! Love you!!