"True that God may have called you to be exactly where you are. But, it is absolutely vital to grasp that he didn't call you there so you could settle in and live your life in comfort & peace." -Francis Chan, Crazy Love
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I read this quote today and I cannot get it out of my mind. Donald & I know that God brought us to Florida. Why? We haven't a clue. However, this quote gives me the reassurance, and challenge, to know that it wasn't for nothing. The heartache of leaving family; the sadness of saying goodbye to lifelong friends; the major uprooting from a town we've called home essentially all our lives. Nothing about it was easy. However, nothing about it felt wrong. There is a lot of guilt that comes along with saying it felt right to leave "home." That sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it? How could it be right to leave home? While I don't have that answer right now, we stepped out in faith and are excited to see what God has planned! It may be years before I have the answer but I know one day God's going to let me in on His little secret. Until then, all I can do is embrace where we are and be available for God to use. That is exactly what I plan to do.
1 comment:
That picture looks like a postcard. I have been thinking about you alot the last week and even had another dream about you. Call me when you can!
Post a Comment