Thursday, April 16, 2009

Domestic Diva

Well, I started my new job today: full-time domestic diva. I prefer that title to "stay-at-home mom." It has a little more jazz, don't ya think? :) Whatever you call it, I call it blessed. I've shared with some friends that I am admittedly nervous about entering this new profession. Will it be challenging enough, boring or unfulfilling? After much thought, I've concluded that spending 24/7 with my child is indeed challenging, anything but boring and what is more fulfilling than knowing that I control everything she sees and does? For the first time in my life, I feel like I am EXACTLY where God wants me. And for a girl who prays for answers in neon lights, this peaceful feeling is huge. Granted Coco has only had a sitter for 6 months of her life (3 last summer and 3 this winter), this definitely feels like a big transition. We won't be packing up to go to the shop every day; I won't be feeling guilty for constantly trying to pacify her so I can get some work done. It will be just us (at least a few more days until baby brother comes.) Now, when Sebastian arrives, my world will again be flipped on its head and I'll have to learn how to shower again. So if you see me looking a little less than presentable in the coming months, know that I have never been more honored to be disheveled! I am a proud domestic diva!

2 comments:

Life As We Know IT said...

Your going to do great!

Emily said...

Well I am not the stay home mom that I once was at the beginning of the year but I oh how I remember those simple things that I found to be VERY hard. (example: taking a shower) I would get up very early just to shower, dress, and put some make up on just so that I felt somewhat normal. You know that getting Ema flipped our world upside down. If this type A girl can do it I know you can! You will do great! I have been praying for you each morning!