Well, my due date has come and gone. Forty long weeks and still no baby! I realize full-well he is easier in the womb than out, but I am so ready to meet him. So ready to sleep on my stomach again, so ready to eat something with flavor without getting heartburn, so ready to reclaim (what will be left) of my body. If I'm honest, I have not been quite ready until now. Even after false labor last Monday, I'm not sure I was mentally ready yet. We are scheduled to be induced Tuesday a.m. at 7:45. Once again, baby is already teaching me to "never say never." I was so blessed to have gone into labor with Coco I never imagined having to be induced the second time around. I have been vocal about not wanting an induction and believing that God will bring him when he's ready. This brings me to my impasse: to induce or not to induce? For Donald there is no question - bring on the baby! For me, it's not so clear. Am I a self-proclaimed hypocrite if I choose to induce? Am I telling God his timing isn't perfect? Am I over-thinking the whole thing? My dear sister tells me I'm crazy. :)
I don't have high blood pressure; I'm not swelling; baby is perfectly fine. So, why the rush? Could I have miscalculated a couple of days? Is the old wives tale true that if you take them before they're ready they come out screaming and never stop? For a mom who has already had one screaming infant, this prospect terrifies me!
I end this post with one request. I would like to ask all of my blogging friends to please pray with me that God would take this decision out of my hands. Pray that Sebastian would come on his own...TOMORROW!
6 comments:
i'm praying that God wants little Sebastian out TODAY!
April 20th sounds like a good birthday for him! I will pray for you today....
I've thought a lot of you over the weekend...I kept thinking I was going to get a text...I saw that you were blogging and realized guess Sebastian's still not here. I'll keep you all in our prayers!
i'll be thinking about you, you and he will be fine!
I had the same doubts when we were scheduled to have Chase. Was I messing with God's timing? What if he wasn't ready and the doctors didn't know what they were talking about? Well, my story is the morning of may 19th last year we were preparing to leave for the hospital and in the rush of things I ignored the pain I was having. I kept telling myself i was just nervous. On the way, the pain got worse. When we got to the hospital the nurse asked if I was having contractions and hooked my tummy with those silly looking pink and blue things and sure enough I was. I finally had a peace about it then! I will be praying for you all and just know that if it isn't God's timing; it won't happen (this is what Steve kept telling me the night before which didn't make me feel much better!)
Walk around the neighborhood and then clean the house...that put me into labor. I did not want to be induced and it was scheduled for the following day. Do they know how much he will weigh? You may want to induce if he is going to be big. Good luck and I will be thinking of you all.
Post a Comment