Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, Great Expectations

Could it really be that it's 2009? Christmas has come and gone and New Year's Eve too. I suppose time really does fly when you're having fun. Or, is the other adage applicable here? The older you get, the faster time passes. Either way, I can hardly believe it is really January 1, 2009. I was having one of those "conversations" with Coco today that you sometimes have with a 2-year old, a completely one-sided one. She was willing to be my ears as I chatted away recalling that 9 years ago today, people thought the world was going to end. I thought it absurd at the time and thinking about it now, it seems even crazier. With the promise of a new year, great expectations abound. I don't mean resolutions; I hate those. I think French Riviera and Jenny Craig are the only ones to benefit from them. I mean contagious optimism, forward thinking and a renewal of spirit. Despite what the media would have me believe, I look forward to what 2009 will bring. Knowing that no matter what I will see, hear and experience, my God is in control and on His throne. Hallelujah and Amen...bring it on 2009!

2 comments:

Laura Dawson said...

Great Post...I love optomism!

Christi said...

Now the new Apocolyptic date is 2012. It's what the Mayans predicted. Great, and I will have finally just finished school!