Monday, May 9, 2011

Food for the Soul

While our blog shows lots of pictures of sunshine and smiles, life has thrown us quite a few curve balls since we've moved to the Sunshine Sate. I won't elaborate on these curve balls because my children are healthy, my husband loves me and I know those things are what matter most. However, life goes on and challenges, trials and disappointments do flood in. I have to continue to claim our family scripture and hold tight to the promises Romans 8:28 give: that ALL things work together for good to those who love the Lord. This much I know - I love the Lord with all my heart and soul. He is all I need and He will NEVER leave me or forsake me.




I heard this song on the radio the other day when I was having one of my "moments." You know the kind of moment I'm talking about. The kind where I lose sight of who's really in control and was well on my way to a pity party. This song snapped me out of it and drew me right back to where I belong....safely in God's arms praising Him for being all I will ever need & asking Him to forgive me for ever doubting that. I wanted to share this song just in case someone else needs to hear it as badly as I did. Music is food for the soul and this song will fill you up! So, despite what seems like life's raindrops, tears or disappointments, thanks to my Jesus, I continue to be BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!





1 comment:

Kress Smith said...

My favorite line is "this is not our home". This life is only a vapor.

I am so thankful that I serve a God who intentionally puts us in situations where we come face to face with our need for Him. And in the process He powerfully demonstrates His ability to provide everything we need in ways we could have never mustered up or imagined. (Eph 3:20) And in the end its just really all about HIM and HIS GLORY!

Love You Girl!!!