
It's been a month since we made the big switch so I think it's safe to announce an official end of an era. The Simply Thick era, that is, for Sebastian. Our little guy was born absolutely perfect with one minor defect...he couldn't swallow efficiently. This swallowing deficiency was the root cause of his recurring (aspiration) pneumonias when he was a baby and, once diagnosed & treated, he has been healthy as a horse. Staying healthy meant making all of his liquids the consistency of honey. Milk, juice, water...all of it was as thick as honey. Yuck. Our pediatrician all but guaranteed us he would outgrow it by age 2. So, as he neared the 24 month mark, we started weaning him off it. The 30 day mark was important to reach because that was the cycle of sickness. Healthy - pneumonia - treatment - 30 days - pneumonia again. I am so happy to say goodbye to those obnoxious little packets! No more $100 a month expense; no more labels on all of his cups; no more weird looks from people at restaurants when I would put the gel in his drink. Hallelujah! After more than 30 days without it, he's doing great.
2 comments:
So happy for you..I know it seems kind of minor..but that's a pain!
Yay! That is so wonderful! I know that feeling of relief you're describing....had it when we were finally able to stop Eli's 3-a-day Pediasure habit. lol But that first couple of months were nerve-wracking, waiting to be sure it was the right decision.
Post a Comment