Coco had her first Vacation Bible School experience this year! I was super nervous about letting her go to a real class. She would be traveling for snack, music and craft without me! As usual, Coco proved that she was up to the challenge. She did great! Her teacher was Miss Michelle and she had a blast. It does have me a little worried about her starting Preschool in the fall. By Wednesday, the excitement had worn off and she said she "didn't want to go to school today. I already went!" Family night was so much fun. We got to watch her stand on the big stage and sing with all the songs she learned during the week. She got a tad bit shy but persevered. There were moments when her head was down and her finger was on her mouth but we were so incredibly proud. My heart was full!
Since I was co-director this year, Sebastian had to go the nursery every day. For a stay at home Mom who is not used to a schedule, just getting 2 children awake, dressed and fed by 8am is quite an event. Leaving my baby boy for 3 hours every day was even more difficult. After a few tears each morning, Sebastian ended up having a fun time at VBS too. He bonded with Mrs. Brenda and by the end of the week, cried every time she left the room. (Ironically, the prayer card I got had Mrs. Brenda's name on it.) I'd like to think that the extra prayer is what made the difference; not that he was getting used to me leaving him!


Since I was co-director this year, Sebastian had to go the nursery every day. For a stay at home Mom who is not used to a schedule, just getting 2 children awake, dressed and fed by 8am is quite an event. Leaving my baby boy for 3 hours every day was even more difficult. After a few tears each morning, Sebastian ended up having a fun time at VBS too. He bonded with Mrs. Brenda and by the end of the week, cried every time she left the room. (Ironically, the prayer card I got had Mrs. Brenda's name on it.) I'd like to think that the extra prayer is what made the difference; not that he was getting used to me leaving him!
No comments:
Post a Comment