the cake
So, turning 30 wasn't that bad. I had LOTS of sweet wishes from friends and family and am still a firm believer that my birthday is my own personal holiday...even if I've crossed into the threshold of "official" adulthood. Donald ALWAYS outdoes himself with trying to surprise me and this year was no exception. I got a special delivery from Kathryn's Flowers that kicked off the birthday celebration. I LOVE getting flowers and Donald never disappoints. I joke that if I were rich, I would order a fresh arrangement every week. He also got me a fabulous birthday cake, a new tea kettle (you know you're not a kid anymore when a tea kettle is on your wish list), and a gift certificate to A Fitting Place. My poor husband has been hearing me complain about ill-fitting bras since Sebastian was born and I can't wait to have a professional fitting! That is sure to be an interesting experience and one that I know will make for an interesting blog post! I ended my holiday celebration with a family dinner at Mom and Dad's; by my request, Mother made her delicious fried chicken and chocolate cake. Cake, flowers, fried chicken and family...I can't think of a better way to turn 30.
the flowers
the tea kettle
the best gift of all
P.S.
If you're ever in need, Coco is a fantastic birthday cheerleader. She must have sung Happy Birthday to me no less than 10 times. Nearly two weeks later, she is still wishing me a Happy Birthday and giving me lots of hugs - which I count as the best gift of all.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday!! Love the cake ~ so cute!
From the looks of it, you had a great birthday! I love the cake! Donald should get extra bonus points for this one:)
Sounds like you had an awesome birthday!! Happy 30th!!!
glad to finally see the pic of the cake. Its awesome!!
Post a Comment