Well, it's official...we have put our house on the market. If you drive by and think you're seeing things, rest assured you're not! At just over a year, we have succumbed to the fact that we just aren't "new" house people. I so miss the charm of crooked baseboards, closet doors that don't close and time worn, scratched hardwood floors! Call us crazy but while most people look for big and new in a house, we're in the market for small and old. For us, new doesn't mean better. With me recently switching to a no-pay, more work job (a.k.a. Domestic Diva), a smaller house note would be nice too. At last count, I lived in 9 houses by the age of 13. My parents always enjoyed a change of scenery and I think the "gypsy" is just in my blood. Lucky for me, Donald is equally as restless. We're excited to see where God takes us...and it just might mean staying put, but we are ready for another moving adventure and prayerfully trying to stay in His will.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Gypsies
Well, it's official...we have put our house on the market. If you drive by and think you're seeing things, rest assured you're not! At just over a year, we have succumbed to the fact that we just aren't "new" house people. I so miss the charm of crooked baseboards, closet doors that don't close and time worn, scratched hardwood floors! Call us crazy but while most people look for big and new in a house, we're in the market for small and old. For us, new doesn't mean better. With me recently switching to a no-pay, more work job (a.k.a. Domestic Diva), a smaller house note would be nice too. At last count, I lived in 9 houses by the age of 13. My parents always enjoyed a change of scenery and I think the "gypsy" is just in my blood. Lucky for me, Donald is equally as restless. We're excited to see where God takes us...and it just might mean staying put, but we are ready for another moving adventure and prayerfully trying to stay in His will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've definitely got one for you!!! It's not too old and not too new, it's extrememly close to family, and it already has a striped boy room and painted playroom upstairs. There's plenty of room for Jack, too!
still have my eye out in Countrywood :)
I didn't think new "living" was for you. I was totally shocked when you moved this time. I can't wait til we are all well and we can come visit the baby & Coco and you of course!
Yes, those are the exact words that have come out of my mouth as well. I HATE my "new" house. Of course we ARE planning on building, but I plan on making our new home as "old" as possible. I guess we are gypsys too. We are now in house #3 looking to move to #4.
Yeah, I had to do a double take when I saw the sign yesterday, although I wasn't too surprised at it. Good luck in your house hunt, and we do hate to lose good neighbors!
Post a Comment