Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sebastian's Celebration

With only 4 weeks to go, the thought of Sebastian being here "live and in person" is becoming increasingly real. Celebrations like the one my nearest and dearest friends hosted for me help the excitement outweigh the fear. It was almost surreal receiving gifts fit for a little prince...am I really about to have a little baby boy? In a world of pink, it's hard to imagine how he'll change the dynamics of our family. Most of you know it has taken me a while to get my head around this little guy. I had somehow convinced myself Coco would have a little sister and I would be buying matching dresses and bows for them! My friend Sarah, who probably doesn't know this, gave me the words of encouragement that got me excited about the reality of a brother & sister relationship. I look forward to watching Coco play with Star Wars toys and seeing Sebastian ride along in a pink Barbie jeep.

While Sunday's celebration was all-boy, complete with a Peter Potty (thanks Audie for this eye-opening gift!), it was an afternoon that truly made me feel like a princess. Thank you to the hostesses with the mostest for honoring me for the day and all of my dear friends who took the time to celebrate with me. My love to you all!

"The Apfel Girls"


Note to self: NEVER stand amongst a group of skinny women when you're this pregnant!

I'm pretty sure we have a picture JUST like this circa 1998.

Isn't this adorable? Mom made this for Sebastian and I know it's going to be one of my most treasured keepsakes.


Nothin' like juicy girl talk!

This one's for you Danielle! What would a baby shower be without a little mud slingin'?

1 comment:

Life As We Know IT said...

your going to do great with a boy! Coco is going to love it!