1. Sebastian turned 4. I'm still in denial we don't have a baby in the family anymore. He's such a kind soul and loves so deeply. I'm honored to be on the receiving end of that love. I often tell people that no one loves me like Sebastian does.
2. Coco was diagnosed with epilepsy; hers manifests in the form of absence seizures. This was a really low moment but we are so thankful for side-effect free medication that is 100% effective!
This is Coco at her Cheer Camp performance. She was selected as "Loudest Cheerleader." As a former cheerleader, I was as proud of her spirit stick as she was! Epilepsy is a part of who she is but won't define her life or keep her from doing anything she wants to do. I praise God for the firecracker of a blessing He bestowed on Donald and me this sweet girl.
3. We experienced ball season for the first time! Coco played softball and Sebastian played t-ball; they both loved it!
4. Donald and I had our 10th wedding Anniversary. I love him more today than I did the day we said I Do.
5. We went to the beach with our great friends, The Whites. The children all had a blast sleeping in the bunk beds. This was our first vacation since our financial collapse and it felt so good to enjoy some much needed R & R.
6. Coco changed schools and joined Sebastian at Tipton Christian Academy. Given her new diagnosis, we wanted her in a small environment where she could be monitored fairly closely. As always, God is one step ahead of us. Her teacher this year had the same type of seizures as a child so I worry (almost) never about her while she's at school.
7. Our sweet, loving, loyal, playful, furry Jack turned 13 in April and left us in September. I still tear up when I think about him not being here. Sebastian told us he was ready to go to heaven so he could see Jack again. Coco sometimes still calls his name when she walks in the door. It's much harder on all of us than I thought it would be. Dogs become such a part of your family when they stay inside. His hips had disintegrated to the point of chronic pain. He couldn't hear anymore and his vision was almost gone too. We just couldn't watch him suffer anymore. There will never be another Jack; he was an amazing dog.
8. Sebastian played Upwards soccer for the first time this year and enjoyed it! The fall season and asthma don't mix too well so we missed a couple of games but he loved every part of running up and down the field. Coco played her 2nd season of soccer and struggled a little more this year than last. She moved up a league this year so was the youngest, not the oldest, on the team. We worked on confidence and she pushed through and did a great job too.
9. Our family just wasn't complete without a fur baby! We welcomed Leo, an adorable schnorkie, to the family in October. As fate would have it, he was born on the day we had to put Jack down. If that isn't a meant-to-be I don't know what is!
10. Last but certainly not least, Coco lost her first 4 teeth (bottom 2 and top 2) and turned 7 all in about a month's time. She looks so grown up now and I am so excited to keep watching her grow. She's such a funny girl...God's bound to have great plans for her life.
S,o that's about it. A lot happened in-between but those are our 2013 Highlights. God blessed us beyond measure that's for sure!

1 comment:
So many happy smiling faces!!!
Post a Comment