Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Day at TCA!


The first day was a flood of emotions: sad, nervous, excited and most of all proud. Coco started preschool today!! There was a huge lump in Mommy's throat & Daddy said "my day is ruined." I honestly couldn't imagine Coco going to the bathroom without me; I wouldn't know what she was eating for snack; what if she wondered were in the world I was? Well, we all survived her first full week of preschool and she loves it! She talks about playing with her friends, lining up, eating snack and even trips to the bathroom. Most of her playmates right now are boys; I ask everyday who she played with and she repeatedly rolls off a list of about 3 boys names. I asked Mrs. Joy how she was doing and she said, "Great!" I probed a little more about asking if she had seen any aggression in her. (Coco, when you read this one day, I will elaborate on why this question was so relevant. You are not afraid to defend yourself!) Mrs. Joy reported no aggression but did say that "we cry when we don't get our way. But, we're talking through that." I just smiled; this isn't a new thing and boy she sure can cry loud. Mrs. Joy was gracious and reaffirmed that preschool is all about learning social graces such as that and that Coco is going to be just fine. She's going to be more than fine - she's going to be the top of the class. We have high hopes for our "precious angel" and look forward to watching her grow!!

Daddy giving you a "bye" hug.

This is your sweet face when Mommy came to pick you up.

You were so excited!

No comments: