Thursday, January 14, 2010
Update on Sebastian
I wanted to post an update on Sebastian since so many of our blogging friends have been faithful to pray for our little guy. He had a second MBS (swallow) test Tuesday and we got good news. Well, not great but MUCH better than the alternatives (CF, feeding tubes, scary stuff)! When he swallows, his "flapper" is still delayed even with the nectar consistency thickener we've been using. The first few swallows are fine but as he continues to drink, he aspirates. This is what has been causing the recurring pneumonias. He was switched to a thicker thickener, honey consistency, and we are crossing our fingers this will solve his problems. Thank you to everyone for your calls, e-mails, posts and texts of concern. We appreciate your prayers and feel more blessed than ever to have a happy, healthy baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Kendra,
I am sooo glad that his results were on the positive end of the spectrum. I was really worried about the little fella. Literally, he has been on my mind alot the past few weeks and we have really been praying for him. Mills and I say our nite nite prayers everynight after story time and we have been saying special prayers for his buddy, Sebastian :)
We will continue to keep that sweet baby boy in our prayers.
so glad to hear the good news. Hopefully in time his swallow will get more normal and this will all be behind you. We've been praying for ya'll
Glad to hear everything is ok! We will continue to keep you all in our thoughts!!
I am so happy that you got good news! We have been praying for your little man!! Being a mom is such a test of faith!:)
I too pray for him. so cute......he'll be ok.
Post a Comment